.

.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mardi Gras Table

It's Mardi Gras time!  Over the last dozen years, Mardi Gras has made its way up to central Alabama.  We love Mardi Gras and have had a party or two every year for the past eleven years.
I've decorated my table and it's ready for our party tomorrow night.

I made these napkin rings with the fleur de lis shape that I got at Michael's. 
 I hot glued them to some napkin rings I already had. 
  

I like to add a LOT of trinkets and treasures to my table.  I use a lot of beads, of course.  I also add Christmas decorations in purple, green and gold.  You can find these items after Christmas at great discounts.  I use candles and doubloons, too.  I didn't have many doubloons, so several years ago, I bought some on ebay.  I got a buy it now deal on a flat rate shipping box of doubloons.  They ranged from the 1970's to the 2000's.  The designs and themes for the doubloons  were all so fun--
I looked at every coin as I washed it.

I use a few extra decorations on my server and
also this wreath that I made several years ago.






Here are the other decorations I use in our dining room. 
 It's just some garland with another wreath that I made.
I like to fill a big glass container with beads, balls and coins.
I usually put it on the center of the table with all the other
goodies that I have spread out the length of the table.


Here's a picture of the table with the lights on and
 here's one made on a day that we had a little bit of sunshine.


Tomorrow night we will have red beans and rice,
crawfish etoufee', muffalettas, salad, bread and king cake.


LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!


Joining the party at:
UndertheTableandDreaming



























8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Leave the porch light on.....I am on my way! Love red beans and rice. Hugs, Bonnie

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Oh how fun! Love our tablescape! Celebrate!!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Beautiful! I love how made a unique napkin holder--and your photography is awesome.

Buttercup Bliss said...

Love your Mardi Gras tablescape!!!! So festive!!! :-)

Miss Kitty said...

Marsha! That table setting and all of your other decorations are just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing all your pretties with us.

Unknown said...

Your decor and tablescape is fabulous! I pinned this on my pinterest and featured your centerpiece on my blog, blovelyevents.com

thepaintedapron.com said...

Love your table centerpiece and runner of Mardi Gras fun! How awesome to have doubloons from the past years! I'm a fellow Alabamian and we celebrate Mardi Gras with friends on the coast every year, that really go all out! Such a grand time and a fun occasion to decorate for!
Jenna

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS!!