.

.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bruschetta Appetizer

I am a foodie-  always have been, always will be.  I thought I would share with you a simple recipe that I've assembled and have enjoyed several times.  It's a quick appetizer that is super easy to prepare.  It's for bruschetta.  If you've ever had the bruschetta at Mellow Mushroom, this tastes a lot like it. First, you will need a loaf of bread.  I like to get a baguette.  I cut it in 1/4 inch slices and put the slices on a baking sheet.  I warm the slices in a 350 oven.  Three minutes each side.



While the bread is warming (not toasting), I mix up the ingredients for the topping.  I use about a dozen grape tomatoes (use whatever you have though).  I quarter the tomatoes and use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a table spoon of balsamic vinegar, a dash of garlic salt, a dash of dried oregano and a pinch of sugar.  I then chop about 6 basil leaves.  Stir it all together and let it set for a couple of minutes.



When the bread is ready, place bread slices on serving plate
and top the bread with a spoonful of the tomato mixture. 
Try not to use too much of the liquid.
 Top with crumbled feta cheese.


Then, drizzle the tops with balsamic glaze. 
 It is a reduced mixture that is dark and sticky--kinda like syrup. 
Look for it in the vinegar section of the grocery store.






YUMMY!

1 baguette
12 grape tomatoes
6 basil leaves
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 dash garlic salt
1 dash dried oregano
1 pinch of sugar
crumbled feta cheese
balsamic glaze



Linking up with the party at:















UndertheTableandDreaming

Photobucket

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

3 comments:

Teri said...

These look wonderful. I did not know you could buy balsamic glaze. What a time saver! I found your post on Recipe Swap! Thanks!!

Teresa said...

Marsha~
I have always wanted to make bruschetta!
You make it look easy!
I've never seen the balsamic glaze!
I know this is so YUMMY!
Greg would LOVE!
xo
Hugs from Bainbridge!

Mindy said...

I always put feta on top of mine too. I LOVE it like that!!! You've officially started the craving. I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow. :o)