.

.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SWEET 16 COOKIES

My baby turned 16 today.  My how the years have flown by!  I know everyone says that and I agree with them.  To celebrate the day, I decided to make a batch of cookies and use a cookie press to form them.  My daughter had asked me last week if cookies could be made like cheese straws.  The answer is yes. 



To make the cookies, I used an easy cookie recipe that I had used years before.  When my daughter asked the question last week, I immediately thought of this simple recipe:

Spritz Cookies

1 cup of butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
2 1/2 cup flour

Cream butter and sugar and then add eggs and flavoring.  Mix well.  Add flour and mix well between additions.  Dough will be a little sticky-but that's fine! Spoon dough into a cookie press and press onto a lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake at 400 for 6 minutes.  Cookies will not be brown.  Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on a rack.  Makes 3 dozen.
                                                                        Happy Birthday, Baby!


I'm linking up with TIDY MOM and I'M LOVING IT! FRIDAYS!

Tidy Mom

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Love this idea! I was about to buy some number cookie cutters to make cookies for a friend's 50th birthday, but this will work just fine instead!