.

.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Pumpkins on the Patio

It's a beautiful fall day here in Alabama. 
That means temperatures in the 80's.  What a nice day to enjoy my terra cotta pumpkins on the porch.  It's too warm for a fire, but I'm enjoying this area of my yard without the benefit of the flames.


 There's a little breeze blowing so it's quite nice this afternoon.
 
 
I have planted a few pansies for when we have cooler weather.
 
 
I'm ready Halloween--
it will be here before we know it.
 
 
Now have you seen these at your local Wal-Mart? 
 Yes!  It's a vintage-style olive bucket planter! 
It's not as tall as my genuine olive bucket, so it is
perfect for the pot of mums that came with the bucket.
Aren't they just wonderful together?
Just right for enjoying on a fall afternoon.
 
 
I have a pot of rosemary on the table between the two chairs. 
 I love the smell of rosemary--so relaxing!
The comfy cushions are from World Market.

 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Joining the Party at:

The Scoop
 

7 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Thank you for joining the party and welcome to blogging! Pretty olive bucket, I've always wanted one. Now following you too-

Linsey

Revi said...

How pretty and cozy! I love the bucket of mums, and your rosemary where you can sit and smell it in your pretty black wicker with that AMAZINGLY adorable pillow! I want to sit there when I visit...and smell the rosemary. :)
-Revi

Our photos said...

You have make beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

shopgirl said...

Love the olive bucket! How long ago did you find it? What department?

Thanks,
Linda

Marsha said...

Hi Linda,

I got the mum in the olive basket at a Wal-Mart in Montgomery, Alabama. They were outside the store in front of the garden center. I rarely shop this particular store, but was happy to that day. It was about 16 dollars. The mum is still so pretty. I made a point of checking for the baskets in my local store and saw a few the other day. I hope this information helps.

Audrey said...

Love your patio. I have always wanted an outdoor fireplace ... maybe someday. The olive bucket and plant are wonderful. Our Walmart does not have the olive bucket. Everything looks so beautiful.
Thanks for visiting Timeless Treasures.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Marsha,
Come by tomorrow to my party and see who is featured this week:)

Blessings,
Linda