.

.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

No Guilt Soup Tureen Love

I love all the beautiful French ironstone pieces I see when I visit blogs.....I have secretly wanted a soup tureen, but here in central Alabama, well, we are just out of the French soup tureen loop

I would look at them long and often on ebay and etsy, but didn't feel like I would make a purchase from those sites.  I guess I wanted to hear the choir singing in the background when I saw it for the first time--in person.   You know what I mean--the thrill of discovery! Another reason I have hesitated to make a purchase is the cost.  I love the older pieces but they tend to be a bit hard on the budget (but they are antique and from another country).  I told myself I couldn't justify the purchase because I'm too practical and I don't live in a French country home...
if I did, I might be more inclined to look into a purchase.  
      So, when I saw this tureen a few weeks ago, I decided to bring it home.
I found this piece in a local thrift store in mint condition and
 of course, at a fraction of the cost of a French antique. 
 It's rather freeing.... I don't feel like I have to display this tureen 
for months on end because I spent so much money on it. 
 It's a vintage item with identifying maker marks on the bottom
 that show it was made by California Pottery.   
I love that it has the under plate for the tureen to rest on and I love that the design compliments my white Italian Countryside china.
I love the piece, the price and I can still purchase a French antique tureen when I see one AND of course
if the choir is singing!  

Joining the Party:

Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style


The Essence of Home Share Your Style

Talk of the Town Link Party
My Salvaged Treasures Talk of the Town

A Stroll Thru Life

A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday

7 comments:

The Crowned Goat said...

You're speaking to my heart, Marsha, I love love love ironstone. It's not always easy to find in Florida either so I keep my eyes peeled every time I hit the treasure trail! Love this piece, CoCo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It's beautiful and so worth waiting for. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Talk of the Town.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That's really pretty Marsha!

Stacey said...

Love it! It never bothers me to have something that looks like an antique or special collectible. You'll enjoy that tureen and when you find the ultimate piece they can hang out together. :)

We'd love it if you'd join us for Thoughts of Home on Thursday next week. :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love it when the choir is singing when I am shopping in a thrift store
LOL

Kelly said...

I think your tureen is beautiful! I have a few but they're all inexpensive French look alikes. Ha! I don't pay a lot for mine. I find them at antique/thrift stores and home goods stores.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Hi Marsha!
We have had family from Mississippi visiting us all week and I am behind in my blog correspondence and visiting.
So, here I am today visiting you and so happy that I am.
I love this Soup Tureen and it is a showstopper with your table setting too!
I so appreciate your recent visit to my kitchen tour, thank you so much.
I hope to see you at our new party Thoughts Of Home On Thursday!
Have a Blessed Sunday,
Jemma