.

.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Beautiful Savannah

I wanted to share a few more pictures from my trip to Savannah.  It is a beautiful city and perfect for walking around and enjoying the lovely architecture, squares and history.
  
James Oglethrope Monument at Chippewa Square


Forsyth Fountain at Forsyth Park


Haitian monument in Franklin Square




World War II Memorial

Statue of songwriter, Johnny Mercer

There are many things to see and do in Savannah.  There is Civil War history, the Telfair Museum (it had a visiting exhibit from the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy that was wonderful), the Juliette Gordon Low Home (founder of Girl Scouts), beautiful architecture, art galleries, shopping and yummy food, too!  I hope you'll be able to plan a visit to this beautiful southern city....you'll have a great time! 





2 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I just went to Savannah this past February and was reminded of what a great place it is. Glad you had a good time!

Kelly said...

I love Savannah! I haven't been in many years though. I hope to get back there again in the future. I live in GA already, so it's not too far.