.

.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Easy Spring Herb Table

I enjoy changing out my tablescapes. Sometimes a little change can go a long way when you're busy. I have an easy spring table to share today---it's pretty and doesn't take much time to put together. 



I picked up a few fresh pots of herbs at my local store.  I picked out herbs that I will plant later for cooking--thyme (lemon and German) and oregano. I already had the clay flower pots and the small saucers for the pots.  I have a river birch in my yard and it often sheds large pieces thin bark in the winter.  I save the larger pieces because they are interesting and I'm "always" sure I can do something with them.  So this spring, I put a piece under each potted herb.  I like the way it looks--interesting texture.  



I added Italian Countryside plates, burlap chargers and vintage silver plate flatware. 



I found this wonderful demi-john at a local antique store at a great price!  I also added a lovely piece of lace for a table runner.
  
  

Are you doing anything special this spring using fresh herbs?  I'd love for you to share your ideas with me!

Joining the Party:
Tablescape Thursday



Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lovely table. I especially love the river birch. I often use small pots of rosemary as "place cards" at luncheons and sent them home with my guests. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love this Marsha! I always pick up pieces of birch when I find it lying on the ground while hiking. Love having some around for crafting. Cute idea to use it under the pots. I love herbs and enjoy walking through my herb garden and releasing the scents! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Revi said...

Your tablescapes are so creative! Love to you, M. : )

Art and Sand said...

I love this idea. I am going to pick up some little clay pots to use for table settings.

Thanks for sharing with SYC

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Marsha, This table must have a wonderful aroma, drawing everyone to sit and wonder about the delicious food to come! Using the birch bark is a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration. Linda

Pinky said...

What a pretty table. Love the pieces of bark under the pots! Came over from WOW!

Unknown said...

Saw your feature at Savvy Southern Style's party. Your table is beautiful, love the textures and colors. I don't grow herbs because I kill all plants that come into my house - my mom had that gene and it skipped me ;) Thanks for sharing your beautiful table with us.

Mary

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I am loving how you did this tablescape. The dish stack and that demijohn are really hitting home for me.

Lovely table!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Beautiful idea wit the herbs and the birch bark. I love the organic look. The demijohn made a perfect centerpiece!

Barbara said...

This is so beautiful! Just my style! I love the textures and quiet colors that you used. A meal around this table would be a real treat!