.

.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nutcracker Dining Table

I love to decorate for the holidays.  I know many of you do, too! I'm sharing my formal dining room table today.  My mom, sister-in-law and I host a Christmas Coffee for friends each year during the holidays.  I'm showing you the table--minus all the yummy treats we will make and share with our friends. 


Years ago, when we built our home, we moved in the week before Thanksgiving.  I knew I would need something that I could use to decorate my formal dining room and foyer with each year.  I love fresh flowers, but they aren't always practical.  I was delighted when one of our local stores ran specials 
on these large nutcrackers.

I place three poinsettias down the center of the table.  Our local church has a poinsettia fund-raiser for our youth's mission trips. My purchases look lovely on our table each year.   It's a predictable tablescape, and I must admit, I am ready for a new look.  I thought about doing something else this year, but decided to wait until next year.  

I decided to add some fresh greenery this years, 
so I do feel like the table has a different look this year.


 Later, I will set the table with our Christmas
    wedding china for our Christmas Eve dinner.  

Merry Christmas!

Joining the Party:

All Things Heart and Home

My Show and Share Party




Linky Party


Met Monday

Savvy Southern Style

3 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Marsha,
What a pretty tablescape and I love that you support some local youth with their mission trip. Thanks for sharing at my party this week. Hope you have a fun visit down here on the coast...if you know when you will be in Mobile...e-mail me and maybe we can meet-up.

Blessings,
Linda

Candy S said...

Very nice Marsha! I love a nutcracker table. This is a lot like a table that I did last year. After looking at your pretty table top I am thinking maybe I will do another one this year and use some poinsettias like you did!

Candy S said...

I am your newest follower too! Have a wonderful day..... Candy