.

.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Antique Farm House--Where are You?

     You might have seen the tiny little post that I did last week on the Antique Farm House and their emails.  You can read the post here: Antique Farm House and the Prize-Winning Bull Picture.  Well, it's happened again.  And again.  I already have the items that they are selling on their web site!   It's like they've been in my home.  I wonder if they are still here and where they are hiding? So, I got yesterday's email on the The Bakery.  One of the items that was featured was a butter churn.

  Mine

     Well, I've got that already.  Here's the butter churn that came from my grandparent's home in Nebraska. 

Butter Churn
Theirs

     I keep the churn in my laundry room on top of my freezer.  It has a little piece of tape on it the top with my grandmother's last name written on it in my aunt's handwriting.  
    Before I could post about the butter churn, I recieved today's email and the items featured included Farm House Basics.  There were various items and included in their offerings were vintage-style game boards....  GOT IT!


       Here's my vintage Chinese Checkers game board.  I remember playing Chinese Checkers on this board when I was a little girl.  We play Chinese Checkers on this board now with our daughter. 

    Here are the marbles we use for our game.  Most of them are the marbles I played with on the board when I was a little girl.




     I decided to show off the board along with my new vintage grain sack that I mentioned in this post

     I know it is coincidence that I have the same things that are being offered on this site, but, I'm beginning to wonder what else they will happen to sell that I already have....or, on the other hand, could they secretly be aware of the things I have in my home?  And if this is the case, then do they also know about the basket of laundry that needs to be folded....hummm....
     Whatever the case my be, if they decide to offer an enamel Cream City lunch pail (with the paper label still on it), I have that.  I also have several old sewing baskets, a shoe last, and if they decide to start selling Farm House furniture, I'm ready.  I have the three-door ice box and a pie safe with the original tin doors in the garage. 

                                 Now, I better go fold some laundry!


Joining the party:


The Farmhoue Porch

4 comments:

Revi said...

Wow - cool, yet slightly freaky, I'll bet! You have such cool old family pieces. My grandma sold it all in garage sales 'cause she wanted NEW, SLICK, SHINY stuff in the 1970s.
We thought it was tacky, and now it's back and hot!
-Revi

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Marsha, I saw the butter churn that was offered and was SO tempted to buy it. But then I thought I may hold off to find an antique one. If it had a red handle like yours I would not be able to resist. Love all of your wonderful vintage items. I had an old gameboard years ago and sold it at a yard sale. What was I thinking? lol! We are finishing our basement and I have quite a few fun farmhouse things to use in the kitchen area. Can't wait! Would love if you linked this to Share Your Cup.
hugs,
Jann

NanaDiana said...

Hi Marsha- I found you through the comment you left on my blog when my brother passed. My Mom had a churn exactly like yours with the red top and it disappeared before she died. We look all over for it and it was gone. I have never seen another like it until now. I am your newest follower- xo Diana

Anita Diaz said...

I wanted one of those churns last summer when I was making butter but couldn't find one here, and my mom gave my grandmother's crock churn to my cousin. That's funny how things work, though isn't it! Thanks so much for stopping by:-)