.

.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Break Coffee Table

I enjoy decorating my coffee table.  I don't paint or move my furniture, but I do try to freshen up my family room by making a few changes each month.  Today, I'm sharing with you a coffee table idea that I've had in mind for quite some time.  It's a vignette on my coffee table that calls out Vintage Spring Break in all capitol letters!!

I purchased the flamingo planter last November--I have to admit,
 I passed it by at the church sale a couple of 
 times before I decided to buy it.
 I then found the metal Florida souvenir bowl
 and my idea for the coffee table began to take shape.
The bowl is appealing with it's still-bright colors. I believe the bowl is from the early 1970's as it has Disney World noted on the map.
I already had the vintage postcards that I received from a sweet friend.   
I used a burlap runner (for my sand) and a blue tray I made and painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in duck egg blue (for my water).  I also added a few shells that I've picked up on beach walks.
My final addition to the coffee table is of course, a book about the beach--Mary Kay Andrews' Beach Town.  And, have your heard????Mary Kay Andrews has a 100 page novella that will come out on April 5th entitled, Change of Scene.  It's a prequel to Beach Town and it will only be available as a e-book.  

It all comes together for a fun Vintage Spring Break Coffee Table. It brings back memories of family trips of the past and a few trips I hope to make in the future.
What about you?  Do you have some nice spring break memories? Did you get to go to the beach or maybe the mountains for a quick spring break getaway?  I'd love for you to share a memory today!



Joining the party:
Home Sweet Home

2 comments:

Revi said...

Clever girl!!! It looks so charming...
-Revi : )

The Charm of Home said...

I love your beach themed tablescape. Florida is a favorite destination! Thanks for sharing at HSH!