.

.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In Honor of the Groundhog

February 2 is Groundhog Day.  Over the years, I've enjoyed this special day set aside to predict the end of winter.  I don't know what to think about the weather this year, but here is a post to honor the fellow.

We had a rainy June two summers ago and one morning while my dog was outside, I heard him as he began to bark and yip. When I went out to see what was going on, I saw this little groundhog on the other side of the fence.  He was little but feisty!  He had some sharp teeth that he showed us as he made clicking and squeaking sounds. We snapped a couple of pictures and took the pets inside so the little guy could make his get away. 









Happy Groundhog Day!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Our thoughts are on the same path. Wonderful pictures. Bless him...I guess he was pretty scared.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute pics! I really hope he doesn't see his shadow in our area tomorrow!!